At Air & Ocean Logistics Limited we are committed to the safe handling of your personal data that we hold for you and this is our policy on how make sure your data is safe
What personal information do we hold?
- We gather personal information either to carry out work and services for you or to provide you with information about our services.
- If we hold personal bank or card details of yours we hold them on our data systems and do not disclose them to any third parties except as instructed by you.
How do we use the information we hold about you?
- We may use your personal information to carry out services for you
- We may disclose your personal Information to sub-contractors and other third parties to enhance our ability to carry out services for you
- We may disclose your personal information to co loaders if we need to consolidate services to carry out the services more economically
- We may disclose your personal information to suppliers of ours in the course of their assisting us in providing our services such as IT providers and software providers
- We may need to disclose your personal information in order to satisfy applicable laws; regulations; or government authorities such as HMRC or Border Force; or deal with any legal process that may arise as a result of carrying out services
- We may use your personal information to notify you of service details that may be of interest to you
How long do we hold the information that we hold about you?
We only hold your data for as long as needed. This is usually six years in order to cater for potential legal issues that may arise from handling work or enquiries from government authorities such as HMRC
Your rights concerning your personal data held by us
- You have a right to make personal data requests or request erasure of personal data. We shall answer any personal data requests for information or access or deal with any rectification requests or erasure requests as soon as possible. The easiest ways to make this request are by contacting our switchboard number 01753 689 820 or emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have a right to ask questions about how we process your data. If you have any concerns about any data processing we do concerning your personal data and wish to restrict it please contact us by telephone or email as above and we shall discuss this with you to see if we are able to restrict it without limiting the services we are providing to you.
- You have a right to object if you are not happy with the way in which we are processing your data and we shall do our best to address your concerns.
- You have a right to seek transfer of your data to another party and if we receive such a request we shall deal with this as soon as possible.
How to contact us about Data Protection
Your point of contact is Mandy Pitt who may be contacted about any of your data protection concerns by email or telephone at email@example.com or Telephone: 01753 689820.